Yesterday was one of those horrible, no good, very bad days and it was late before I knew it. I had chicken thighs thawed, but well, 45 min to an hour in the oven just didn’t appeal to me. So, I got creative, digging through my pantry and my freezer. I came up with this:
I know you can see the cheesy goodness. There’s chicken in there too. I would prefer to add some color by way of red pepper strips, maybe some peas and carrots or a mixed blend, maybe broccoli, but I have 3 picky eaters so I left the veggies on the side. You could certainly experiment and add whatever veggies your family likes. This dish is quick and easy. It was ready within 15 minutes and GONE in 5. (Seriously.)
- 1 pkg frozen grilled chicken strips
- 2 pkg Velveeta Shells & Cheese
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1/4 c of butter + 3 tbsp. of butter
- 1/2 tsp basil & garlic seasoning blend
Salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash to taste (to taste means to add until its got the flavor you prefer)
1. Cook shells according to package directions. Drain. Do not rinse with cold water. Add 1/4 c of butter and stir until noodles are coated and butter is melted.
2. Put 3 tbsp. butter in a 10 in. skillet on medium heat, let it melt. Add garlic, onion, and basil blend. Saute 3 minutes (do not let garlic burn). Add chicken strips. Cook chicken strips until hot and have a slightly golden appearance.
3. Add shells to the chicken mixture, pour cheese over, stir. Season to taste.