I get tired of the same rotation of dishes, so every once in awhile, I’ll throw in something new. it doesn’t always go over well with the kids, but I usually get enjoyment out of it. This is one of those things. Too sophisticated for amateur palates is all I will say further. You must try these for yourself. They are SO easy to make!!
(click image to go to source)
I didn’t vary from this recipe much. It didn’t need it.
Petite Lasagna (makes 12)
- 12 oz raw ground italian sausage
- ¼ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms (I omitted)
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 31/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 24 small square wonton wrappers (the kind near the tofu in the refrigerated section of the produce dept)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Crumble the meat and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked through. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
2. Add the tomato sauce and 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning. Bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, a pinch of salt and pepper, the remaining 1.5 tsp of Italian Seasoning. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
4. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides.
5. Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of cheese.
6. Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the cheese layer.
7. Repeat the process by distributing the remaining ricotta, then the remaining tomato sauce, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
9. Let the cups cool, remove them from the pan, and serve!
And be prepared for yumminess.