I missed the first week of this sweet meme, so I haven’t joined in at all, but with Thanksgiving 2 days away, I feel the need to express my thankfulness for the blessings I have in my life.
So, without further ado, here are 24 reasons I am grateful this holiday season:
1. I am alive.
2. I am incredibly lucky to have a partner that loves me with all his heart, that respects me, and treats me right.
3. I am blessed with the gift of motherhood, not once but twice.
4. I have a family that cares about me.
5. We have food in the house and a nice roof over our heads. We have a mode of transportation to get around and coats to keep us warm on a cold day when many are facing a holiday without.
6. I have found a warm church that has welcomed me and my family with open arms, not caring where we came from, only glad that we are there.
7. My husband has a job, a good one that he enjoys.
8. I get to stay at home and catch every new milestone my children go through.
9. I have communities of support both online and in real life.
10. I am not alone.
11. I have risen above my circumstances and learning the full potential of who I am, and all that I can be.
12. I have friends that care about me and pray for me and mine.
13. I have internet, cable, and cellphone services when many don’t.
14. I am part of a chosen people, a royal priesthood.
15. I have been redeemed.
16. I am loved. Oh, how I am loved.
17. For all things past that have brought my life to the point it is now, for these have given me a deeper appreciation, a deeper love, and a deeper compassion for life and other people.
18. I am literate, the product of a school system that cared.
19. I am so very grateful for the quiet mornings and never dull days.
20. I am so very thankful for understanding teachers.
21. I am so happy that there are holidays that bring families together, all in one place, because otherwise it may never happen.
22. Smiles, laughter, sunshine, rain. The first frost and the last bloom. The trees set afire in orange and red glory and deer that graze where my children can see them.
23. I have a wonderful landlord, one who is very prompt to fix anything that breaks.
I am so incredibly blessed. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!