I had a recipe blog that some of you were following, but with life and 3 other blogs to keep up with, it went defunct. There are still a ton of awesome recipes on there, and while I know there are cooking/recipe sharing memes, I can never seem to remember when they are going up. I decided to share a recipe with you once a week or so and slowly move my collection from Kitchensmack to here.
Today’s recipe was sent to me by a friend. She passed this recipe along to me because she said she loved it, and she is not a baked chicken fan. I served this with Oven Roasted Potatoes, uncut steamed green beans seasoned with salt, pepper, and butter, and fresh baked French bread. OMG, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was breaded but still juicy. Even the kids like this one!. Now, I’m sharing it with you.
- 1/2 c butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tsp minced garlic from the jar)
- 3/4 c dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves-pounded thin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in 9X13 baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Let me know what you thought about this, because I know you are going to add it to your meal plan. It’s too delicious not to!