Before I had a computer, there was television. In fact, before I was born, I think I was watching tv from inside my mother’s womb. I knew what I liked, and I missed them when they went off. Sometimes I’d love to see them make a come back, and other times I know they wouldn’t be the same with different people playing the same characters. Even the remakes of old movies, I am usually disappointed with. I’m begrudging of my memories, and of the camp that believes “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
That being said, here is a list of 10 shows I would love to see again, in no particular order:
- Little House on the Prairie. There isn’t anything like Pa and Half Pint with her buck teeth, and little Carrie taking a tumbling down the hill.
- The Land of the Lost. Now who wouldn’t want a Sleestack on their tail to get their morning started?
- Charlie’s Angels. We should all aspire to be Angels when we grow up, now shouldn’t we?
- Charmed. The world hasn’t been safe since they went off the air.
- Creepshow. I don’t know about you, but that little dead guy, the Cryptkeeper, generally made me laugh, as did the stories on the show.
- Get Smart. Man I loved that show. I always dreamed of being Agent 99 one day. I’m still dreaming of being Agent 99 one day…
- Roseanne. She was a great reminder that there really are mothers worse than you out there.
- The Golden Girls. 4 old Bittys and the glorious Betty White.
- Happy Days. Fonzi Need I say more?
- Family Ties. Alex P. Keaton, Sit Ubu Sit, and Mallory’s hot biker boyfriend.
Will we ever see these shows again? Could they make a comeback in today’s society?