>First off, I need to thank you guys for hanging in there over the last couple of weeks. Life got incredibly busy, then vacation came, and now the last few days before school starts (I’m free on TUesday!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!). Finally getting online after an exhausting busy day and reading your comments really put a smile on my face. I owe y’all big time and I will be playing catch up for the next few weeks.
Secondly, I must apologize. I didn’t manage to get a 2 Truths & a Lie post up yesterday (or any post at all). That will return as normally scheduled next week.
There is no ice cream this week. I still have some good stuff for you though.
First order of business, I’m going to be guest posting at Alabaster Cow this coming week. woot woot. I love me some cow. I really do. Ericka is incredibly funny. I’m very honored to be doing it.
Next, I have been blessed with some awards over the past couple of weeks. Four, to be exact. You love me, you really really love me (In my best Jim Carrey impression). So, without further ado….
The first one is quite an honor. I was speechless when I went over to Susie B. Homemaker‘s place to accept it. She has blown me away. Thank you, thank you for such a huge honor!!
As with all awards, there are also rules to follow and this award is to be passed along to others.
1. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
2. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to this post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award
3. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add their name in the Mr. Linky, so that we all can get to know the other winners.
4. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Spread some love!
This next one was passed on to me by one of my new followers. Thank you Queen of the Rant from Relationship Rant or honoring me with this award. She’s got some seriously funny stuff going on over there. Please stop by and check her out.
Now in order to accept this one I must tell you seven things about myself, and then tell you seven blogs that are versatile….(please forgive if these sound familiar)
1. I am terrified of sharks.
2. #1 exists because of a movie called “Open Water”. Yeah.
3. In reality, it’s not being able to see into the water that scares me more than it is an actual fear of sharks.
4. I did regret not getting in the water as often as I should have when we went to the beach this weekend.
5. I really did enjoy doing my thing though.
6. I stayed up all night watching Earl.
7. It finally dawned on my sleep ridden brain that there were no live storm reports being done when I heard them say the storm should leave the Outer Banks (OBX RULES!) by 3 am and it’s 4:30 am.
And my good buddy, Imperfect Momma, from Really? I’m a Mom? has passed along 2 wonderful awards to me as well. Thank you! You rock!! You are Perfect to me!
The rules for accepting these include telling you 7 (more) facts about myself(each!) and passing them on to 5 deserving bloggers. I think I can do this…(again, sorry if my facts are repeats).
For both awards:
1. I have never dyed my hair an unnatural color.
2. I can’t wait for school to start on Tuesday.
3. I’m worried about how Scooby is going to do with his very bad, horrible, no good separation anxiety when he starts his speech therapy at the school without his momma being there.
4. I’m thinking about daycare one day a week just to have a day to myself. Call the Bad Mommy police.
5. I love blogging, but never knew it would involve so much work. I love every part of it though.
6. I am not doing so well as a diabetic. I love food too much.
7. My cooking blog has fallen to the wayside temporarily as I have not been cooking unless it comes from a box. (yeah, yeah. Call the Bad Mommy Police on me again.)
Whew! I did it. Now, last but not least, I am a featured blog at Blogelina this week. There is this really awesome giveaway they are doing over there while promoting my blog (woot!). Here’s the good stuff you want to know:
Enter to WIN the Blogelina Organize Your Life Prize Pack!
Here’s what this week’s Organize Your Life Prize Pack includes:
- Unclutter Your Life in One Week – A great book that will walk you through how to do just what it says!
- What’s a Disorganized Person to Do? – This book is packed with tips for organizing all different areas of life.
- $25 Gift Card to Ebay – Just what it says – some spending money!
- Growing Up Organized: A Mom-To-Mom Guide (Volume 1) – Great advice for getting your kids organized and teaching them organization skills, too.
Here’s how to Enter to Win: Subscribe to EACH of the following blogs – and then leave a comment:
For an extra chance to win – retweet this giveaway!
The winner will be chosen by random.org next Friday, September 10th, at noon. I will announce the winner here on Blogelina and will also contact them by email.
This Giveaway is featured as part of the Blogelina Extravaganza, going on all month! Over $600 in prizes will be given away.
So run on over to Blogelina’s and enter the contest. Good luck!! And YAY me!! 🙂 Have a great holiday weekend!