>It’s time to come clean. During my blog party, I creatively concocted 6 truths and 1 lie for all of you to read. I have yet to tell you what’s what, so I am doing that today. So here’s to much ado about nothing….
1. My daughter’s softball team is undefeated. They have beaten every team they’ve played by more than 5 points.
–True. They are down to their last 2 games this coming week and remain undefeated while winning with at least 5 more points then their opponent. GO YELLOW JACKETS!!
2. I have 2 friends in Oklahoma. I call them my best friends, yet we have never met in person, never spoken on the phone, and both their first names start with the same letter.
–True. One, named Shayna, is originally from Oregon. I met her on a public message board in 2007 when I was pregnant with Scooby Doo. She later introduced me to Shyla, who lives in Oklahoma. Shayna moved to Oklahoma last year because of Shyla. We talk every single day of the week, for hours, on yahoo or text message, but we have never met face to face. I hope to change that this summer with a road trip to Oklahoma.
3. My first marriage began on Halloween, 1995. I married an African American/Native American cowboy skinhead. We officially divorced in 2008. Jellybean was born in 2000 but is not his child, yet I did not cheat on him.
–True. He charmed me, wooed me, then abused me, so we went our separate ways less than a year after we married in July 1996. He has been mistaken for Damon Wayans. He is an African American Cherokee known to be seen in his long overcoat and brown cowboy hat one minute, and bald head, flight jacket, Doc Maartens the next. He is a nomad with a killer mood swing, setting roots down wherever he pleases, so getting a divorce was difficult to acquire. I moved on in my life, got pregnant with Jellybean in 1999, and we finally managed to get divorced in 2008.
4. I have been a college student for 21 years but I have no degree.
–True. I started community college at the ripe young age of 18. I took one semester, then never took another until 1995/1996. I completed one full year of classes, then my husband and I split up. 10 years later, I am again taking classes, trying to bring my GPA back up and finally get my associate’s degree. I am currently not enrolled, but planning to take at least 1 class this fall again. I have 32 credits so I am almost there. My major is Business Administration, with a minor in Information Technology. I want to be a graphic designer when I grow up. I’m looking to obtain my bachelor’s before I turn 45.
5. I have a set of twin boys, aged 19 years old.
–True. You do not see them in the sidebar because I did not raise them. When they were 4 months old, I gave them up for adoption to my parents. The adoption became official when they were 3. We have always been a part of each other’s lives, and they know the true story. Someday I will share our story.
6. I am stepmother to two boys, aged 14 and 12, that live in another state and I never get to see.
–True. GC has 2 sons from his previous long-term relationship. They moved to WV 1.5 yrs ago. GC travels to see them as often as he can, but I am not welcome.
7. I grew up on the border of 2 towns in the Swiss Alps. My childhood home was literally half in one town, and half in the other. My zip code went by the town my mailbox was in.
–False. There is not one fact about this story that is true. The closest I come to the Swiss Alps is 2 grandmothers, one from Germany, and one with Dutch ancestry. It’s fun to imagine living in two places at once though.
Did I getcha good? I did, didn’t I? Hahaha. That was fun!
I confessed, now lets hear some of yours!